Last Updated: December 31st, 2020 at 11:11 am
Read Time: 3 Minutes
POWERHOME SOLAR is excited to look ahead to 2021, but we’re also excited that we haven’t finished winning awards for our work in 2020. The company has collected five awards in the 10th annual Best in Biz Awards, including gold for Company of the Year in the South U.S. category and silver honors for Executive Team, Finance Department, Marketing Department, and Social Media Channel of the Year.
POWERHOME SOLAR improves on its 2019 performance
Best in Biz uses a unique judging panel that changes annually. The judges include those from respected newspapers, TV and radio outlets, and business, consumer, technology and trade publications in North America. This year’s 2020 awards include writers from Barron’s, the Bismarck Tribune, Consumer Affairs, Healthcare Innovation News, King Features Syndicate, Lab Reviews, Rockstar Finance, Tech-Gaming, Times of Northwest Indiana, USA Today, Wired, and others.
This is the second straight year that POWERHOME SOLAR has claimed honors in the Best in Biz Awards, as it won four awards in 2019, including gold for Company of the Year Northeast. POWERHOME SOLAR’s 2020 success came despite the global pandemic. Since January, the company has doubled its employee count to nearly 1,700 workers. In addition, POWERHOME SOLAR saw record-breaking sales months in in April, May, June, July, August, September and October. We found customers placing a high importance on owning their power and living more sustainably.
“Through the use of solar energy, POWERHOME SOLAR has helped thousands of customers become more sustainable and save money,” POWERHOME CEO Jayson Waller said. “We strive for success and excellence every single day, and being recognized by the Best in Biz Awards helps solidify our hard work and growth as a company.”
POWERHOME SOLAR accolades in 2020
POWERHOME SOLAR’s other notable accomplishments in 2020 include:
- A No. 255 ranking on the annual Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
- No. 7 ranking among U.S. residential installers on the 2020 Solar Power World’s Top Solar Contractors list.
- POWERHOME SOLAR earned 6 Globee awards which included 5 gold and 1 silver. Among the golds were Company of the Year and CEO Jayson Waller won Entrepreneur of the Year, both in the Energy & Utilities categories. In addition, POWERHOME SOLAR received gold for Customer Growth, Marketing Department of the Year, and Achievement in Best Use of Social Media. A silver was awarded for Sales Revenue Growth.
- In October, Juan Ramirez won CFO of the Year by the Charlotte Business Journal and POWERHOME SOLAR was ranked No. 76 on the BNC125 list of top private companies in North Carolina by Business North Carolina.
- POWERHOME SOLAR was named the Company of the Year and CEO Jayson Waller was named Executive of the Year in the 2020 BIG Awards for Business.
- No. 3 ranking on the Charlotte Business Journal’s Fast 50 list
- No. 15 ranking among midsize companies by The Charlotte Observer on its Top Workplaces list.
- Silver recognition for Inc. Magazine’s Best in Business in the Robust & Powerful $50M+ revenue category