Power Home’s energy efficiency package a key part of solar panel installation
Power Home Solar helps you go green by installing solar panels on your home’s roof or via a ground-mounted system. But going green also means making the most of your existing resources. That’s why we upgrade your home’s assets with our energy efficiency package (EEP), which comes as part of every install and makes your home operate at an optimal level. After all, if you’re creating your own power, it makes sense to maximize it to the fullest.
We offer these five products as part of that EEP:
1. Hot water heater thermal blanket. Wrapping your tank with this insulated blanket saves approximately 15 percent on your water heating costs.
2. Nest programmable thermostat. Based on data found on Nest’s website, independent studies show that Nest thermostats save consumers an average of 10-12 percent on heating costs and 15 percent on cooling. It’s programmable through your smartphone, too.
3. LED light bulbs. Each bulb reduces your electricity consumption more than 75 percent over incandescent bulb consumption.
4. Blowing additional insulation into your attic and sealing air leaks. Doing these two things can save between 14 percent and 17 percent of your heating and cooling costs.
5. Attic staircase cover. By reducing the air escaping from your attic door, you can save approximately 2-3 percent of your electricity costs.
While these items come as part of our package, customers can opt out of getting any one of them, as you may already have addressed some or all of your home’s energy efficiency needs. Whatever the case, we would love to work with you.
With our innovative solar program, homeowners can go solar for $0 up-front cost, save money on their electric bills, and generate their own energy. The solar panels installed on your home are American-made and come with a 25-year warranty, with many panels expected to last well beyond that.
Power Home currently does business in five states (Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina and Virginia) and is eyeing a sixth. Fill out the handy form below or call us today at 800-765-2715 to see if your home qualifies to go solar. We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you don’t have to, making this process easy for you to start enjoying the benefits of solar energy.