Power Home Solar installs ground-mounted solar systems, too
While rooftop arrays are the most common type of solar panel installation that Power Home Solar does, we also do ground-mounted displays. There’s no difference in how the panels produce electricity in either array. The only difference is location. Some customers have larger yards or amounts of land to use, and it may make the most sense to do a ground mount because of it. Beyond land considerations, there are plenty of other reasons where a ground-mounted array makes sense for your own installation.
1. The panels don’t fit on your roof. Maybe you’re the type that has 25,000 imported Italian twinkle lights on your roof year round in preparation for the holidays, and you don’t want to remove those lights. Or maybe skylights or other penetrations (vents, chimneys, etc.) are in the way. There are no such impediments on the ground.
2. No strings attached. The panels aren’t attached to your roof, so you never have to worry about panel removal and reinstallation should your roof need replacing.
3. They’re easier to clean. If you ever need to hose off the panels, you don’t need to get on a ladder to do it. The same is true when it snows. It will be far easier to take a solar-friendly roof rake or similar product to a ground-mounted array than to something well above your head. Ladders and snow may make for a risky mix.
5. You own a single-wide mobile home. Single-wide mobile homes cannot support the weight of a rooftop array (though double-wides can). But, if you own the land the mobile home is on and it is at least an acre, we can do a ground mount.
6. Aesthetically pleasing. While solar is an energy, it’s also a statement for the present and future of powering our world. While solar arrays may blend into rooftops, seeing them on the ground is a constant reminder to yourself and others of the benefits of going green. On top of that, as the photos will attest, the arrays are sharp-looking, too.
No matter whether you want a ground-mounted solar array or a rooftop option, Power Home Solar wants to work with you if you’re in our five-state coverage area (Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina and Virginia).
With our innovative solar program, homeowners can go solar for $0 up-front cost, save money on their electric bills, and generate their own clean energy. The solar panels installed on your ground mount or roof are American made and come with a 25-year warranty, with many panels expected to last well beyond that.
Please feel free to fill out the form below or contact Power Home Solar at 800-765-2715, and one of our solar representatives will help you determine whether your home qualifies for this program.