In the executive conference room at POWERHOME Solar headquarters in Mooresville, N.C., two large glass cabinets house all the awards the company has earned since its inception in 2015. With 2019 being the most successful in the company’s history, we are in dire need of more cabinet space!
That’s because POWERHOME has won 4 awards in the Best in Biz Awards competition, including gold distinction as Company of the Year among companies in the Northeast U.S. The three other honors included two silver awards, one for Fastest-Growing Company of the Year (100 to 999 employees) and Finance Department of the Year, and one bronze honor for POWERHOME Director of Customer Relations Joe Caban for Customer Service Executive of the Year.
Each year, winners in the Best in Biz Awards are determined based on scoring from independent judging panels assembled from some of the most respected newspapers, TV and radio outlets, and business, consumer, technology and trade publications in North America. The 2019 judging panel included writers from Accounting Today, AdWeek, The Associated Press, Barron’s, Consumer Affairs, eWeek, Healthcare Innovation News, Inc., Investment Advisor Magazine, USA Today, Wired and others.
“POWERHOME continues to achieve significant success, both in company growth and helping to increase the use of solar energy in the U.S.,” said POWERHOME CEO Jayson Waller. “These wins offer more validation of the tireless work of each employee in the POWERHOME family, and we’re far from done.”
The lengthy list of POWERHOME Solar’s 2019 awards
POWERHOME reached $100 million in annual revenue for the first time in 2018, just four years after opening its doors, proving that consumer appetite for solar energy is strong. POWERHOME is ranked No. 6 in the U.S. among residential rooftop installers on the 2019 Solar Power World Top Solar Contractors list, up from No. 12 a year ago. POWERHOME also is ranked No. 100 on the 2019 Inc. 500 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America, making the second time in three years POWERHOME has made that prestigious list.
Those honors are added on top of a number of others that got into our trophy cabinets first!
- In November, POWERHOME earned 2 honors from the BIG Awards for Business program (Company of the Year in the Energy category, with CEO Jayson Waller earning Executive of the Year award in the same category).
- In October, POWERHOME collected 9 Globee Awards it won (six gold, 2 silver, one bronze) in San Francisco, with two of the top honors including distinction as Company of the Year in the Energy & Utilities and U.S. categories. Also, our CFO Juan Ramirez was recognized as the Finance Executive of the Year, and our CEO Jayson Waller took home Professional of the Year in both the Energy & Utilities and U.S. categories, and also was named Entrepreneur of the Year. Closer to our home office, POWERHOME was named one of the Top Workplaces in Charlotte, N.C., by the Charlotte Observer, which we are incredibly proud of as well!
- In July, Ramirez was honored as a finalist for CFO of the Year by the Charlotte Business Journal.
- In June, Waller was named an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2019 Southeast Award winner in the Emerging Services category. POWERHOME was also honored as one of Michigan’s Economic Bright Spots by Corp! Magazine. Finally, the company accepted two bronze Stevie Awards in New York, one for Fastest Growing Company of the Year and one for Energy Industry Innovation of the Year.
- In April, Waller was named one of five Champions of the New Economy by DBusiness Magazine.
POWERHOME now serves customers in nine states, and we would love your home or business to be the next one we work on. We love delivering energy choice to customers, and we expect that many electricity customers will save money by signing up for solar. Call us today at 800-765-2715 to see if solar is right for you!
Congrats on another job well done, Team POWERHOME! Take a bow!