Newgarden, the 2017 and 2019 IndyCar champion, will be a brand ambassador for our fast-growing solar company and will have solar panels installed on his Nashville, Tennessee, home with help from POWERHOME SOLAR. Newgarden’s YouTube Series, ADMIT1, which takes fans behind the scenes of his life and race team, will also be rebranded as part of the partnership, with the show being “Driven by POWERHOME SOLAR.” Our sponsorship of the YouTube series begins with the final race of the year this weekend in St. Petersburg, Fla.
“POWERHOME SOLAR goes full throttle in everything we do, which is why we’re excited to partner with Josef Newgarden,” POWERHOME SOLAR CEO Jayson Waller said. “We’re also excited that he’ll be a guest on an upcoming episode of my True Underdog podcast. I can’t wait to let him share his story.”
The 29-year-old Newgarden is having an exceptional 2020, currently in second place. He trails series leader Scott Dixon by 32 points with one race remaining.
“I’m super excited to partner with the team at POWERHOME SOLAR,” Newgarden said. “We’re all about power and efficiency in racing and the team at POWERHOME SOLAR shares this same focus. Their product speaks for itself. I can’t wait to have my system installed at my home and to work with Jayson and the team to continue to build upon their tremendous success.”
Josef Newgarden accomplishments
- Two-time IndyCar Series Champion – 2017 and 2019
- 17 IndyCar Series wins, 11 poles
- Produced Team Penske’s 15th IndyCar Series championship in 2017 and team’s 16th title in 2019
- Established new series record for laps led by race winner in leading 282 laps at Iowa in 2016
- Nominated for 2018 ESPY Best Driver Award after winning 2017 championship
- Captured IndyCar’s 2012 Rising Star Award
We are excited to begin our partnership with Newgarden, and look forward to what the future brings. Welcome to the POWERHOME SOLAR family Josef!