POWERHOME Solar added another huge accomplishment to its resume on Tuesday, as it has been ranked as the No. 6 residential rooftop solar provider in the U.S. – up six spots from a year ago.
POWERHOME’s rise in the annual rankings, validated and produced by Solar Power World magazine, comes on the heels of the fast-growing company installing over 19 megawatts of solar panels across its six-state footprint in 2018. POWERHOME has since added two states in 2019 in Indiana and Missouri, bringing that total to eight and positioning the company for even further growth on the list next year. The numbers also make POWERHOME the No. 1 residential provider in the Midwest and Southeast.
The Top Solar Contractors list celebrates the achievements of U.S. solar developers, subcontractors and installers within the utility, commercial and residential markets, and ranks contractors by kilowatts installed in the previous year. POWERHOME’s rise in the rankings showcases the increasing appetite that consumers have for clean, green energy.
“We’ve seen tremendous growth in the residential market in the eight states we serve,” said Jayson Waller, CEO POWERHOME Solar. “Our more than 8,000 customers are seeing the financial, environmental and convenience benefits of going solar and no longer simply relying on an antiquated grid.”
The U.S. solar market is expected to see 14% growth in 2019, with over 12 gigawatts of new solar power added to the grid this year — enough to power 2.28 million average American homes. This increase in installations is attributed to strong residential solar interest and a rush to get projects in before the 30% federal investment tax credit steps down to 26% next year.
Growing list of POWERHOME Solar awards
This latest accolade is the latest in a series of honors the company and some of its highest-ranking officials have earned since the end of 2018. Here’s a quick recap of that list.
- 2019: POWERHOME CEO Jayson Waller was named an Entrepreneur of the Year 2019 Southeast Award winner in the Emerging Services category by Ernst & Young, and he also was named one of five Champions of the New Economy by DBusiness Magazine in April.
- 2019: POWERHOME earned two bronze Stevie Awards for Energy Industry Innovation of the Year and Fastest-Growing Company of the Year, and accepted them during an awards ceremony at the Marriott Marquis in New York in June.
- 2019: POWERHOME earned Michigan’s Economic Bright Spots Award, presented by Corp! Magazine in June.
- 2019: POWERHOME chief financial officer Juan Ramirez was named a finalist for CFO of the Year among large private businesses in the Charlotte, N.C., area in July.
- 2018: POWERHOME was named the Emerging Business of the Year by the Michigan Energy Innovation Business Council in November.
We add all these honors to a robust list of partnerships with pro sports franchises we’ve developed that further allow us to tell the message of solar power and its benefits. We have partnerships with five football teams in the Carolina Panthers, Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Indianapolis Colts and Pittsburgh Steelers, and we have one additional one with baseball’s Cleveland Indians.
Working with POWERHOME Solar to install solar panels allows customers to lower their power bills and reduce their carbon footprints. Those financial and environmental benefits are both huge, making solar a no-brainer for so many of our customers.
For more information to see if solar is right for you, call us at 800-765-2715. We take pride in our growth, and we take pride in delivering high-quality products and service at great prices. Our one-stop shopping and our energy efficiency package (where we install added blown insulation, a water heater blanket, LED light bulbs, attic staircase cover and recessed lighting covers) are two of the biggest reasons thousands of customers choose to work with POWERHOME. We look forward to speaking with you as we look to grow the visibility of solar energy to all who can get it.