Once you’ve decided to add solar power, you have to consider which type of solar panel installation is right for your home or business. While rooftop installations are more common, ground-mounted installations are another option, and it’s important to understand the differences to make an informed decision about which type will provide you with the best source of power at the lowest possible price.
Rooftop solar panel installation
Rooftop solar panel installation is the most common choice among homeowners when adding solar power. The sleek design of POWERHOME Solar’s solar panels provides renewable energy without sacrificing the beauty of your home. It also saves space, as not everyone has the land necessary to set up a ground-mounted installation of solar panels. A few things that may impact the possibility of rooftop solar panel installation on your home are:
- The amount of space available on your roof for solar panel installation.
- The angle of your rooftop.
- Which direction the area of installation faces; facing southward is ideal for optimal light.
- Other aspects that may affect the amount of direct sunlight the panels receive, such as neighboring buildings, skylights and even chimneys.
- The material your roofing is made out of (such as metal, tile, or wood).
- If there is any pre-existing damage to your roof that needs repair before solar panel installation takes place.
A POWERHOME Solar expert will inspect your roof prior to installation and go over each of these things with you, ensuring that a rooftop installation will produce the best results for your home. Realistically, rooftop solar panel installations are viable on most roofs if they are prepped correctly, so don’t let a lack of land stop you from scheduling a consultation for rooftop solar installations.
Ground solar panel installation
Though less common, ground-mounted solar panel installations are a great option for many homeowners. If your rooftop isn’t the ideal spot for a solar panel installation, the possibility of a ground-mounted installation can be explored.
POWERHOME Solar experts are well-versed not only in rooftop installations, but in ground installations as well, so no matter which option you choose, you can rest assured that only the best quality of work will be done on your solar panel installation. In fact, a ground solar panel installation may produce better results for your home. Ground solar panel installations may be a better option if:
- Your roof doesn’t have enough area to generate the amount of power your home needs.
- You have the land to choose the perfect spot for optimal peak sunlight absorption.
- Your rooftop is older and may need replacing before the lifespan of the solar panel installation.
- You live in an area that receives a lot of snow in the winter, as ground solar panel installations are easily cleared of that precipitation.
Only a POWERHOME Solar expert will know the best route to take when installing solar panels for your home. If you’re ready to add solar, and wondering which option is best for you or your business, contact us today. Our experts will ensure that you get the most out of your solar panels.